Saturday, September 29, 2012

Well, well, well... things are pretty quiet 'round here. Mom is happy it's Friday, and so am I! We drove to visit her friend Dominick earlier tonight, which was a treat because I love riding in the car. He has not been feeling well lately, so I did my best to cheer him up by letting him pet me and feel how soft I am since mom bathed me (ಠ_ಠ). He has 2 dogs about my size, though younger, and they remind me why I love being the only dog! (though I do miss Piper sometimes). They are nice enough, and I'm sure we'll be friends eventually, but I'm very cautious of new dogs until they earn my trust and respect. Especially dogs on retractable leashes with presumptuous parents. (note: not referring to Dominick's dogs).

It's happened a few times that we've been out walking, and someone else is walking their dog with a retractable leash. Now.. common sense would dictate that if you see me, a strange dog you don't know, you exercise a bit of caution because I could be totally vicious! But instead of pushing that button down to let me and the other dog approach each other slowly, they just let their dogs run right up to me and get all up in my business. I wouldn't bite them, but I'm not as socialized as they are, and I'll be honest... it really stresses me out. I'm not used to other dogs, especially non-scotties, or strange people for that matter. I'm certain none of your parents do that though, especially since we all know the dangers of retractable leashes.

And there's my random rant for the evening.

You may be happy to know that we haven't run into the creepy guy in our neighborhood since the last blog update, and we want to thank you all for your concern. As for the pepper spray, it's not so much that we don't feel safe, but that we believe it's important to be proactive. Maybe we'll run into a dog that actually is vicious, or a coyote, or even a mountain lion of we go camping. Better safe than sorry (though I'm not sure how effective it would be against a mountain lion.. here's hoping we never have to find out).

Anyway... it's past our bed time, but we just wanted to pop in and say hi. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I'll leave you with this picture. This is the look I give mom every day when she leaves for work. I'm sure you're all wearing this look right now as we're ending this blog post. <3


9 comments:

  1. We bet you have a happier look when she comes home.

    xXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY agree with you!!!

    I'm REALLY anxious around other dogs, and I bark a lot at them (a pretty OBVIOUS warning sign you'd think...) But some times people let their doggies walk RIGHT up to me... Even though I'm barking my head off and baking away... :( I did give one a little, itty, bitty nip on the lip, just once... I tried to warn them that I wasn't happy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad there has been no sign of the creepy man. We hope you don't get too stressed on your walks because of other dogs. Have a lovely Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost didn't see you hiding there!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also hate retractable leashes, the tension on the cord teaches a dog to pull! Second I ALWAYS have my little pink can of pepper spray on me. Walking Pippi or just to the bathroom I've got it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all miss you - well maybe not Lilly, but the rest of us do!!

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper and Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAMMA, I see you peeking at me! I don't like strange dogs either and I bark and run circles around my human mom when we meet one. I do have lots of friends though and not all are Scotties. We sometimes go to Uncle Harry's house and he has 5 Scotties and 3 acres fenced in for all of us to run & play in! I miss you too!

    Licks & snuggles,

    Arlo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carr, I so agree with you about how people just seem to think it's all right to let their dogs run up to a Scottie on a lead. Argyle and Rory have leash aggression big time and it really makes it difficult to manage. I hope you are being a good girl. I'm certain you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking the time to share this update with us. It looks like you all have been so busy with everything. It looks like you were playing hide and seek with the camera. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete